Implant Supported Dentures In Santa Ana / Costa Mesa CAAn implant-supported denture, or overdenture, is an innovation that combines elements of a traditional denture with the stability and advantages of dental implants. Implant-supported dentures are quickly gaining popularity as a way to replace a full set of missing teeth.
Dentures, while helpful for some, have obvious limitations. They make chewing some foods difficult, are inconvenient, and are prone to slipping or shifting at inopportune times. If not appropriately fitted, a seed or food debris may get stuck underneath them. Implant-supported dentures eliminate these issues, providing comfort and stability.
How are Implant-Supported Dentures Different from Regular Dental Implants?
Implant-supported dentures are held in place by implants in the jawbone. However, they require fewer implants, reducing the overall treatment time and cost. Other advantages include less bone grafting because only a few implants are placed. Instead, the overdentures are clipped onto a bar attachment or studs fastened to four or six implants.
Dr. Mata can usually place a temporary set of prosthetic teeth on the day of the implant surgery to allow you to lead a normal life and smile while the implants heal. During this healing phase, you will be on a soft diet. After a few months of healing, your dentist or prosthodontist will place the final overdenture and secure it. You can eat whatever you like, smile, and laugh without worry.
Advantages of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Less expensive than many other dental implant options
- Angled placement of some of the implants means little or no bone grafting is needed
- Same-day placement of your dentures is possible in some cases
- Healing time is significantly reduced
- Excellent outcomes
- Easy to care for – you brush and floss them just like your natural teeth
- No more worries about slipping or shifting dentures
- You can eat anything you like
- Twice-yearly dental checkups and cleanings ensure your implant-supported dentures will last a lifetime.
- Implant-supported dentures help preserve your facial structure
- Dental implant replacement teeth do not get cavities
If you believe implant-supported dentures are the right solution for your missing teeth, schedule a consultation with Dr. James Mata to learn more. Call our office at Santa Ana / Costa Mesa Office Phone Number 714-556-5156, and we will schedule a convenient time for your appointment.
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
There's no tooth replacement solution quite like a dental implant. Learn how Dr. Mata can help you love your smile with the help of one, multiple, or even a full mouth of dental implants.